The SHX Rack comes with all products that can slot a device into the Rack. It automatically slots devices, up to 8 per rack. 6 Racks maximum.
Slotting a device:
If a device can be slotted, it will have a [: SLOT :] option in it's touchmenu.
Just click on [: SLOT :] and it will ask you a rack number. Normally you would just select 1.
In case of using more than 1 Rack, select the appropiate Rack Number.
Rack functions menu
The Rack got it's own function menu with a couple of options. Touch the rack itself to get the menu.
The first 6 numbers are to set the Rack number, this is for when you want to use more than 1 rack. Give each rack it's own unique number.
This function will check it's slotted devices, if they are still there, reposition them and empty slots when not found.
With this switch you can give access to the group it's set to, so they can use the Rack menu as well. Default it is on.
This will show a list in chat with known slotted devices and their version number.
With reset you can reset the scripts of the Rack. This will remove all slotted devices from memory and restore default settings.
Moving the Rack
You can move the rack around, the devices will follow and reposition.
Two things about that though:
- Due to the case of being SL, it does not always fire the move event. Just move the rack a little bit back and forth until it does.
- The range limit is 20 meters, so if you move the Rack 50 meters away from the devices, they will not follow.
- The MCD, which is part of the Shoutcast receivers, like the F210
- Our Tipjar system, the CTS server
- The SRCS Scheduler, a peripheral to automatically change streams, login djs etc. at any time and any day
- The DMX-4242, to remotely change music anywhere on the grid in Second Life
- The Group Dance Machine
- The DM Dance Machine
- The IVA-advanced
- and upcoming devices, like the SHX-SRPR (Public Radio Selector)
Note that not all products are upgraded/updated yet, but they will in due time.
If you have questions regarding the status or anything else, contact Saii Hallard.